What is the SoHE Ambassador Program?
The School of Human Ecology (SoHE) Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for SoHE students to share their school pride and experiences with prospective students and their families. Student Ambassadors are the face of the school, providing a coveted inside view of what it is really like to be a part of the SoHE student community.
What does a SoHE Student Ambassador do?
- Share personal experiences within SoHE with current and prospective students
- Represent the School of Human Ecology during campus admissions events
- Provide personalized tours of Nancy Nicholas Hall
- Call newly admitted students to welcome them to campus and answer questions they may have about SoHE
- Present with advisors at SoHE information sessions
- Bring prospective students to a class
- Continuously learn about campus and SoHE specific resources
- Attend required trainings/socials
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
- Develop a wide range of transferable skills that are highly sought after in professional settings. Refine and strengthen your skills in communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving.
- Build your resume and/or graduate school and scholarship applications
- Articulate the value of your SoHE education to employers
- Foster community with SoHE students across majors
- Gain experience working in higher education
- Hourly wage $10.00 (Anticipated 15-30 hours of work per semester)
- Passionate SoHE student in good academic standing who has taken at least one SoHE course
- Ability to commit to one academic year (Fall-Spring), with option to extend
- Excels at communicating with others and provides excellent customer service
- Exhibits leadership, initiative, dependability, and enthusiasm for SoHE
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning from others and an appreciation for cultural diversity and different perspectives
Online Application for Fall 2020-Spring 2021 SoHE Student Ambassador
- Application will be available starting Monday, February 3rd
- Application is due by Friday, February 28th at 4:30
If you have any questions about the role or application process, please contact
Emily Keepman (email@example.com) or Kristin Armstrong (firstname.lastname@example.org)