Increase research and creative scholarly y productivity by significantly expanding faculty research funding and involvement of graduate and undergraduate students in research and creative scholarship.
- Develop a dedicated, qualified and focused body that drives and is accountable
for coordinated scholarly effort in SoHE units (e.g., centers, departments).
- Invest in center efforts to achieve synergy and integration of scholarship across
- Provide incentives for faculty research and graduate/undergraduate research
and scholarly opportunities:
- Flexible funds/travel
- Course releases for proposal development and for receiving funding
- TA/PA and tuition remission
- Seed funds, research space
- Maximize building access for research
- Recognition and credit for faculty for involving graduate and undergraduate
students in research and scholarly activities
- Develop an efficient grant management and research support unit in the
business administration office.
- Recognize highly productive faculty members via multiple venues (e.g., nomination for awards, named or endowed professorship, timely promotion and/or compensation, etc.).
- The number and amount of grants administered through SoHE
- The number of collaborative projects
- Research productivity and scholarly output (the number of publications, citations, exhibits, etc.)
- The number of top students recruited and involved with research/scholarly
- Increased stakeholder (organizations, industry, foundations) involvement
- Increased faculty satisfaction with infrastructural support (measurable-survey)