Design 2017: Juried Design Concepts from Across Campus
April 14 – April 23, 2017
The best application of design principles and design thinking in real form, this juried exhibition features undergraduate and graduate student work in any field of design taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Submissions may include graphic design, interior architecture, landscape design, fashion design, textiles, multi-media works, 3D printing, or any applied example of “Design Thinking.” All works must have been produced within the past two years.
• All design work produced within the past two years qualifies for submission.
• Both graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to enter.
• Limit, three entries per student.
• Each entry should include a brief Statement of Purpose that includes the title, maker, date, and associated information such as the class or specific assignment for which the work was created, sources of inspiration, process thoughts, and lessons learned. The statement should contextualize the design work for both jurors and viewers.
• All 2D entries should arrive ready-to-hang. All 3D entries should be supplied with appropriate mounts (dress forms, risers, etc.). Any special display instructions should accompany entries.
• All entries should be delivered to the Ruth Davis Design Gallery, April 5 – 6, between 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. No entries will be accepted after 4:00 p.m. on April 6.
• Juried review will occur on Friday, April 7.
• Participants will be notified on Monday, April 10. All works not selected for inclusion should be picked up from the Ruth Davis Design Gallery on April 10 – 11, between 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Design Gallery events are free and open to the public.
How to get to the Ruth Davis Design Gallery
Parking: Click parking lots on map for real time availability http://map.wisc.edu/
About the Design Gallery
Each academic semester the Design Gallery organizes a major curated exhibition related to a design topic followed by showcase installations of Design Studies student creative work at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
News and Events
Join the email list to get notices about upcoming events and exhibitions. Get the most up-to-date information and interesting items about design and textiles by liking the Ruth Davis Design Gallery page on Facebook.
All Design Gallery events and exhibitions are funded entirely by competitive grants and private donations. Help us keep our programs free and accessible to the public through a gift to the Design Gallery Exhibition Fund at the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
Please call 608-262-8815. You can also email Design Gallery.