Finding the right job can be hard work. The Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office is here to help. We’ve compiled the following resources to help you in your job or internship search.
An effective job application should demonstrate a connection between your knowledge, skills, and experiences in relations to what the employer is looking for in potential candidates. Develop strong application materials by using SoHE’s comprehensive and major-specific career guides.
- Community & Nonprofit Leadership Career Guide – PDF
- Human Development & Family Studies Career Guide – PDF
- Interior Architecture Career Guide – PDF
- Personal Finance Career Guide – PDF
- Retailing & Consumer Behavior Career Guide – PDF
- Textiles & Fashion Design Career Guide – PDF
Have your application materials reviewed by a SoHE Career Advisor prior to applying for an internship or full-time position!
BuckyNet is a job and internship database exclusive to current UW students and alumni. Employers regularly utilize this tool to fill available positions. Creating and maintaining a BuckyNet account allows you to post your resume, search and apply for available jobs and internships, see the employers attending on-campus career fairs, and more!
For access to BuckyNet, request an account by emailing your name, campus email address, and student ID number to email@example.com. If you already have a SoHE BuckyNet account, click the logo above to log-in.
These online tutorials provide more information on setting up a profile and beginning a search for available positions.
Internship and Job Sites
The following sites can help you in your job/internship search:
- Wisconsin Local JobNetwork™
- GoingGlobal jobs and internships worldwide
- Idealist.org nonprofit jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities
- Volunteeryourtime.org for opportunities in Dane County
The University of Wisconsin-Madison hosts a variety of career fairs throughout the school year. These opportunities allow students to connect with specific employers about their companies and available internships and full-time positions. Login to BuckyNet to view upcoming fairs and organizations registered to attend. And check out our Career Fair Guide for 8 tips for working the career fair below!