The Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office (SAA) supports students through both academic and career advising.
Why See an Advisor?
- Set your academic, career, and post-grad goals
- Select courses for Fall, Spring, or Summer
- Plan grad timeline
- Connect major to career aspirations
- Interpret University and SoHE rules, regulations, and procedures
- Explore involvement opportunities
- Talk about challenges and difficulties
- Prepare for graduate school
- Identify campus resources
- Form a relationship
How to Meet with an Advisor
Current SoHE students can either schedule an appointment or attend Drop-In Advising. Prospective students have separate options for meeting with an advisor.
For career advising, schedule an appointment with one of our career advisors.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Schedule with the Scheduling Assistant
- Call 608-262-2608
Spring Semester Drop-In Advising
For quick questions, advisors are available for 10-15 minute appointments on a first come-first served basis. Drop-Ins are intended for current SoHE students only. Check in at 1194 Nancy Nicholas Hall.
Drop-In Advising Times:
- Wednesdays, 10am – 12pm
- Thursdays, 1 – 3pm
Preparing for an Advising Meeting
- Review your Curriculum Checksheet
- Examine your DARS
- Make a list of questions and topics you’d like to cover
- Look over the Appointment Checklist
Contact 608-262-2608 or email@example.com
SAA Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am – 4pm
Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office
1194 Nancy Nicholas Hall
Fetzer Center for Student Excellence
1300 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706