The Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office (SAA) supports students through both academic and career advising.
Why See an Advisor?
- Set your academic, career, and post-grad goals
- Select courses for Fall, Spring, or Summer
- Plan grad timeline
- Connect major to career aspirations
- Interpret University and SoHE rules, regulations, and procedures
- Explore involvement opportunities
- Talk about challenges and difficulties
- Prepare for graduate school
- Identify campus resources
- Form a relationship
How to Meet with an Advisor
Current SoHE students can either schedule an appointment or attend Drop-In Advising. Prospective students have separate options for meeting with an advisor.
For career advising, schedule an appointment with one of our career advisors.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Current SoHE students can schedule a meeting with their academic advisor by using the Scheduling Assistant
- Or, call 608-262-2608
- During designated times in fall and spring semesters, drop-in advising is available for 10-15 minute meetings with an academic advisor.
- Regular drop-in advising hours are Wednesdays from 10am to 12pm and Thursdays from 1pm to 3pm in Room 1194 Nancy Nicholas Hall.
- No appointment is required and students are helped on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: Drop-in Advising will not be available on Wednesday, October 18th.
Preparing for an Advising Meeting
- Review your Curriculum Checksheet
- Examine your DARS
- Make a list of questions and topics you’d like to cover
- Look over the Appointment Checklist
Contact 608-262-2608 or email@example.com
SAA Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am – 4pm
Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office
1194 Nancy Nicholas Hall
Fetzer Center for Student Excellence
1300 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706