The Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office (SAA) supports students through both academic and career advising.
Why See an Advisor?
- Set your academic, career, and post-grad goals
- Select courses for Fall, Spring, or Summer
- Plan grad timeline
- Connect major to career aspirations
- Interpret University and SoHE rules, regulations, and procedures
- Explore involvement opportunities
- Talk about challenges and difficulties
- Prepare for graduate school
- Identify campus resources
- Form a relationship
How to Meet with an Advisor
- Current SoHE students can either schedule an appointment or attend Drop-In Advising. Prospective students have separate options for meeting with an advisor.
- For career advising, schedule an appointment with one of our career advisors.
Current SoHE Students
- Drop-in advising is available Wednesday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and Thursday 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Check in at the front desk of Room 1194 Nancy Nicholas Hall
- Drop-in meetings are 10-15 minutes
- No appointment is required and students are helped on a first-come, first-served basis.
Prospective SoHE Students
- Students exploring SoHE majors must register for a Becoming a SoHE Student Workshop
- Sessions cover SoHE curriculum requirements, what makes Human Ecology unique, career options, and how to apply or declare a SoHE major
- Students will work with advisors to review DARS reports/curriculum checksheets and will receive advising for Fall 2018 in the second half of the session
Scheduling an Appointment
- Current SoHE students can schedule a meeting with their academic advisor by using the Scheduling Assistant
- Or, call 608-262-2608
Preparing for an Advising Meeting
- Review your Curriculum Checksheet
- Examine your DARS
- Make a list of questions and topics you’d like to cover
- Look over the Appointment Checklist
- Contact 608-262-2608 or email@example.com
- SAA Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Student Academic Affairs and Career Development Office
1194 Nancy Nicholas Hall
Fetzer Center for Student Excellence
1300 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706