In applying to the Master of Science in Human Ecology graduate program, you are also applying to the UW-Madison Graduate School and to the School of Human Ecology (SoHE) as your academic program. Therefore, it is important to be familiar with the UW Graduate School, and SoHE, and the requirements for admission at each level.
- UW Madison Graduate School Requirements for Admission
- Academic Program: School of Human Ecology (SoHE)
Apply to Master of Science in Human Ecology:
Submit to the UW Graduate School:
- Online application indicating “Human Ecology MS” as your program selection
- $75 application fee
- Unofficial transcripts or academic records from each institution attended (official transcripts will be required for students who receive an admission offer)
- Official TOEFL or Melab scores (International students only)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Submitted electronically through your Graduate School application)
- Upload your Reasons for Graduate Study/Statement of Purpose. In your statement, please address:
- Your reasons for studying or seeking a Master of Science in Human Ecology degree
- Your relevant current or past work and volunteer experience
- Your professional goals and plans after completing this program
Optional: Upload any other supporting documents that you believe enhance your application (e.g. honors, awards, GRE scores, writing sample, etc.)
IMPORTANT: To guarantee full consideration for admission for Fall 2018, your application must be received by December 1, 2017. Individuals interested in submitting applications between December 1, 2017 and February 1, 2018 should contact Eric MacKay (firstname.lastname@example.org) before beginning their application to request a late application review.