General resources for SoHE employees and students
Online resource providing the latest information and forms, from student programs to human relations and business administration.
BITS General Building and Technology Information (links to the SoHE KnowledgeBase)
- Reporting problems (In a life-threatening emergency, dial 911)
- Phone lines and voicemail setup
- Welcome screen postings
- Computer and general tech setup
- Class A/V equipment
- Video requests
- Laptop and projector loans
BITS Remote Access (Global VPN) Installation (links to the SoHE KnowledgeBase)
SoHE Website Requests
- Request a Change to the SoHE Website form
- Add or update the SoHE People employee section by emailing a completed SoHE People Bio Form to email@example.com. Allow at least 5-7 working days for updates. Please note that this section lists employees connected to the school’s departments and divisions. Directors and outward-facing employees in centers, labs, and other SoHE groups are also listed on the SoHE website. Employees outside of these perimeters should be listed on their respective center and lab websites. Examples include specialized instructors, graduate students, and limited term employees. SoHE People listings are made at the discretion of the Communications Team.
- Add or update a Graduate Student listing by completing the online SoHE Graduate Bio Form.
- Submit to the SoHE events page by completing the online Event form. Note that SoHE events are prioritized. Campus-wide calendar can be submitted at today.wisc.edu.
Communications, marketing, and promotions projects
SoHE Crest logos
SoHE and UW–Madison Brands
The primary visuals and voice of SoHE are under the powerful UW–Madison brand, which is recognizable throughout the state and around the globe. Tools, resources, and best practices are available on the official University Communications Brand and Visual Identity website. In addition to the university’s official brand style guide, the site provides logos and their proper use, colors, fonts, and more for both print and web along with PowerPoint, letterhead, and other templates.
In instances where mention of the school stands alone without UW–Madison branding, the proper name should be clarified as “School of Human Ecology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison” for first reference and “School of Human Ecology” secondary. When the UW brand is established, such as on internal websites or letterhead, “School of Human Ecology” is acceptable on first reference. When using the acronym “SoHE” be sure to establish it on the first reference “School of Human Ecology (SoHE)”.
Do NOT identify the school as:
- UW School of Human Ecology
- School of Human Ecology at UW
- UW SoHE