The Center aspires to be a hub for exchanging ideas, building skills, and broadly promoting the value of objects to enrich our understanding. Our affiliates form a community and are an essential part of our mission! We hope our affiliates will contribute to, participate in, and benefit from our Center programs and join us in supporting the Wisconsin Idea by promoting design and object-centered learning opportunities.
- Automatic subscription to Center publications including our affiliate-specific newsletter, keeping you informed of news about the Center, its affiliates, and the fields of design and material culture
- Visibility on the Center website and opportunities to network and convene with other Center Affiliates, colleagues and research sponsors
- Administrative support for research and scholarship funding proposals that you choose to run through the CDMC. These may include but are not limited to services offered by the Center and SoHE’s Research Team staff including multidisciplinary team and concept development; identification of funding opportunities; pre-award submission support; post-award administration, etc.
- Invitations to all Center-related events and activities
- Priority access to Center staff expertise to develop customized learning experiences with the Helen Louise Allen Textile Collection and exhibitions in our galleries